Based in Frenchtown, NJ, Dr. Edwards is a licensed chiropractor (D.C.) and a licensed veterinarian (D.V.M.). She attended Palmer College of Chiropractic, now called Palmer University, and graduated summa cum laude in 1993 with a doctor of chiropractic degree. She maintained a busy human practice for 10 years as well as her animal practice before focusing her career solely on animals. To this end, she attended the University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine and graduated with a degree in Veterinary Medicine. During this time she flew back to New Jersey to maintain her established equine practice. After graduating, she returned and added a second acupuncture certification through the Chi Institute in FL, and began practice as one of only two doctors in the country who maintain both a Doctor of Chiropractic and a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Degree. She continues to dedicate her lifelong practice of alternative and complementary care on our equine friends, while she has transferred many of her methods derived from her 19 years of experience in the field and techniques learned on humans and integrating them for use for the benefit of equine well being and optimal performance. In addition, she stays current on traditional veterinary medicine so she can be a useful source of information for her clients on how to best maintain the horse’s health and well being.
Dr. Edward’s Credentials
- Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.)
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M.)
- Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist (Chi Institute) (C.V.A)
- Fellow of International Academy of Medical Acupuncture (F.I.A.M.A)
- American Veterinary Chiropractic Association, in addition to the 4 year D.C. program (C. A. C. = AVCA certified)
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners Physiotherapy (NBCE Physiotherapy)